Wednesday 20 January 2010

The Men Who Stare At Goats

Quite possibly the most random film I have ever seen.

Even after a hard session of concentration and a taking a while to think things through after seeing it, I still failed to understand the message of the film. From time to time the plot simply made no sense and I had trouble following it. However, this didn't stop me enjoying it one bit. The film is full of witty humor and the occasional cheap laugh. George Clooney was impressive as always and in hindsight I must say that it was his acting that made the film for me.

Ewan McGregor failed to impress me, but then again, this may highly be up to my narrow-mindedness, which only allows me to see him through his role in Moulin Rouge. I was constantly waiting for him to break out in song and dance.

All in all, the film disappointed me, but then again my hopes were incredibly high and thus failure was imminent. Do not get me wrong, however, this film is still great great entertainment.

3 comments:

  1. "Ewan McGregor failed to impress me, but then again, this may highly be up to my narrow-mindedness, which only allows me to see him through his role in Moulin Rouge." - Yes! Yes, you are narrow-minded and a victim of being born too late. I see Rent-Boy everytime as a modern heroin hero instead of your jolly dancing gay musical star.

    1,000 years from now there will be no guys and no girls, just wankers. Sounds great to me.
    -Renton-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment dude, what film is this? I'd quite wanna see it.

    ReplyDelete