Sunday 10 January 2010

The Blind Side

Firstly, very similar the the last film I saw, Adam. As in, its not particularly good, but the story is breathtaking. Well, not so much as for Adam as for this. A truly remarkable story of Michael Oher, a big boy with a bigger heart who carries everything he has in life - a spare shirt - in a plastic bag wherever he goes. Taken in by a wealthy white family, he needs to figure out the new life he is given - admission to a predominantly white private school based on his believed excellence in sport.

Secondly, the person who did the casting should be shot. That for two main reasons. a) he/she is brilliant in selecting people who so well match the real people seen in the photographs in the credits. b) for selecting Kathy Bates as miss Sue. She is perfect for the role, but I just can't stand the actress! I am sorry and am sure she is a lovely person in real life, but can't stand her on screen.

As for the rest of the cast - how is Sandra Bullock still getting roles? Who can I write to about this? I'm sure there are others out there who would quite happily have seen Megan Fox play Leigh Anna Tuohy.

The story is amazing and I would encourage all to see it. It tells me once again that the true stars in our civilization are those men and women that nobody knows about. The regular everyday normal guy and gal that have a heart as big as an elephant.

A truly inspirational "based on a true story" film, in fact, the best I have seen. That argument not being based on the films side of things, but the story side of things. That's my opinion and I am sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment