Sunday 9 May 2010

The Green Zone

So this is what? The story that is supposed to wash the iraqi blood off the American footsoldier's hands? I'm not into politics and fully understand that soldiers go to war for leaders and die for ideas stupider than a chair, but my problem with the film is that I genuinely don't see a point in it.

It was alright for passing time, which, I essentially was doing watching it. And the chase sequences and power relationships kept me interested, but so would a washing machine. Honestly, I would be as happy watching a red sock and a pair of blue undies battle it out in the dryer as watching this. Its the sort of corrupt cop drama that you have seen a thousand times before, except the cops are soldiers, and the baddies are government officials rather than dirty cops.

So have we really been force-fed this pumpkin and jello mash just that some halfwit somewhere would understand it was a rubbish administration rather than a nation that caused a pointless war? I'm sorry, but if you need this film to figure that out, maybe you would be better off growing turnips and referring to a lightbulb as witch-craft.

At least Matt Damon now has some money to buy a fake beard for and maybe get a different haircut to make him look a bit more rugged and less of a 19-year old shop assistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment