Wednesday 3 February 2010

Love Happens

So there I was with a few hours to kill and Love Happens in front of me. As you would imagine, I was set to watch a film about two people whose lives collide, there is some sort of difficulty, they "play the game" for a while, cock up and through admitting their love for one another, end up together. Well you are wrong. And so was I.

The only thing Love Happens and the film described above have in common is the shop scene that this film shares with Notting Hill. The only difference between the two being one ending with a painting and the other with a kiss. Everything else is the same, the unexpected entrance, the speech, the quirky shop assistant, the whole concept of a shop for that matter... I'm sure in some countries in the world people get tortured extensively for this kind of a thing.

Acting - let's not go there. Jennifer Aniston played her typical role which to me is as interesting as jam. Quite frankly, I'd prefer jam. I would also take jam over Aaron Eckhart. But that is rather irrelevant. A bit like the acting in this.

I was positively surprised, though, because like I said, I was expecting a wholly different type of film. And if I had any say in the directing, I would have ended it with him dropping the note and leaving. (sorry to be a plot pooper in case anyone decides to watch this film. I hope such a decision isn't based on this review though, because I would not want any of you making the mistake I made and wasting a good two hours of your life) At the end of the day, though, I do not have a say in this and looking at the film the way it was actually made, despite being positively surprised, I would say it's still only a strong 2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment