Sunday 15 August 2010

From Paris with Love

It's kind of like Training Day crossbred with Mr. & Mrs. Smith. So it sounds pretty good, right? Wrong. I really enjoyed the first half and when it got to the second half it was just a complete anticlimax.


The first half was witty, exciting and the fight scenes were bloody. So all was well. And then we got to the second half which reminded me a bit of old Steven Seagal or Jean Claude van Damme films - crap. It was as if the director realised he had run out of time and made a bit of an etch-a-sketch ending for the film. As an insult to injury, the final scene was little short of cinematic abortion. This is 2010, last lines like that belong in the early 90s.


Two things did make me happy though. Firstly, I am not sure whether it is the extrapolation of John Travolta's midlife crisis into his acting career or if he has really into the baddie role now, but He was awesome in this as he was in the Taking of Peltham 123.


Secontly, one of Travolta's lines was "royale with cheese," which made me laugh.


I wouldn't recommend it, but I can't blame you if you wanna watch it.




No comments:

Post a Comment